My university community is functioning in the midst of heartbreak. Our friend, our teacher, our mentor, Dr. Gayle Price, is dying of ovarian cancer, her struggle nearly at an end. We are flooding her Caring Bridge site with messages, all the things we had meant to say, all the things we wish we had said when she could have heard them. The only comfort I take in this meaningless, cruel death is that those messages are hundreds – like the end of It’s a Wonderful Life, people are jostling in to say “this is how you touched my life.” Every person was important to Gayle. Everyone had a voice. I wish I had spoken, had told her the things I want to say. But in the absence of telling, I will listen. Listen and learn and teach. Godspeed, Gayle. Teacher of teachers, we love you so.
- @Pantherfan4life 😊❤️😭 10 minutes ago
- Not at all worrying. Nope. twitter.com/braddjaffy/sta… 34 minutes ago
- @jennifergarlen Guns and ships. 48 minutes ago
- RT @RaleighReporter: Former U.S. Sen. @JimDeMint in the NC House chamber tonight, pushing for bill calling for Convention of the States #n… 53 minutes ago
- RT @bendreyfuss: So, Chris Cilliza has a new feature where the sad face emoji means "people live" cnn.com/2017/06/26/pol… https://t.co/NVx7… 55 minutes ago