My university community is functioning in the midst of heartbreak. Our friend, our teacher, our mentor, Dr. Gayle Price, is dying of ovarian cancer, her struggle nearly at an end. We are flooding her Caring Bridge site with messages, all the things we had meant to say, all the things we wish we had said when she could have heard them. The only comfort I take in this meaningless, cruel death is that those messages are hundreds – like the end of It’s a Wonderful Life, people are jostling in to say “this is how you touched my life.” Every person was important to Gayle. Everyone had a voice. I wish I had spoken, had told her the things I want to say. But in the absence of telling, I will listen. Listen and learn and teach. Godspeed, Gayle. Teacher of teachers, we love you so.
- What is this magical underwater dragon creature?! twitter.com/planetepics/st… 10 minutes ago
- @literarychica @raford3 Wow! 13 minutes ago
- @RebbyLeap twitter.com/amyignatow/sta… 23 minutes ago
- RT @jonnysun: MY NAMES WILLIAM CARLOS AND IM HERE JUST TO SAY I HAVE EATEN THE PLUMS YOU WERE SAVING ALL DAY 47 minutes ago
- @McKellogs https://t.co/lVozZjD3j8 54 minutes ago